FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 5, 2023
“Keep The Door Open”
Dementia Caregiver Education Conference
Excitement Builds as Local Dementia Caregiver Education Conference Fast Approaches
Rapidly expanding caregiver base accelerates need for increased community support
Basehor, KS February 28, 2023 – Dr. Maritza Buenaver is announcing today that she is offering a Free Conference event which is funded by the IOWA-GWEP.
“We are very proud to be able to bring this free conference to caregivers/family and clinical professionals. Caregiver burnout is prevalent in the care of loved ones with dementia and attendees will learn about how to care for themselves from our distinguished speakers,” said Dr. Maritza Buenaver.
- Veterans Administration Geriatrician, Dr. Courtney Huhn, Eastern Kansas Medical Center, Community Living Center, Medical Director – “Put On Your Own Mask First” The Impact of Caregiver Burden
- Leavenworth County Council on Aging Social Services Director, Jessica Pontbriant – “Programs and Services”
- VA Caregiver Support Program Manager, Jennifer Molleker – “Education and Support Services”
- Alzheimer’s Association’s Heart of America Chapter Dementia Care Specialist, Brenda Gregg, MSG – “An Attitude of Gratitude” Incorporating Gratitude into Your Caregiving Journey
- Virtual Reality Experience – A Journey Through Alzheimer’s – Attendees will embark on a highly acclaimed Virtual Reality Journey into dementia and experience what it may be like to have Alzheimer’s Disease in a compassionate, immersive, and eye-opening voyage through various dementia pathologies.
During the Conference, Dr. Buenaver will also be spending one-on-one time and engaging with attendees’ loved ones who have dementia.
Tickets/Cost/Entry: Free Admission, free snacks, free brunch
Free Registration: Three Convenient Ways To register:
- 60 Second Online Registration:
- Call the Basehor Community Library 913-724-2828
- Contact: email@example.com
Date/Time/Location: April 1, 2023, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Basehor Community Library, 1400 158th Street, Basehore, KS 66007
About Dr. Buenaver
Currently, Dr. Buenaver provides care to Veterans in the inpatient, outpatient, and long-term care settings, such as State Veterans homes. Specialized in assessment and treatment of mental health disorders in the elderly, dementia evaluation and treatment, focusing on non-pharmacological interventions and education of caregivers of persons with dementia. Recipient of the iSHARE grant for Dementia education, she has led multiple community conferences and currently runs a rural Dementia Caregiver Support Group in Kansas and publishes a monthly Dementia Caregiver Support Group Newsletter. Dr. Buenaver enjoys educating members of the interdisciplinary team, geriatric fellows, resident physicians, medical students, nursing students and caregivers in the community.
Dr. Maritza Buenaver is a Diplomat of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Specialization in Psychiatry and Sub-specialization in Geriatric Psychiatry, Diplomat of the American Board of Internal Medicine, Sub-specialization Hospice and Palliative Medicine, and has been in practice for over 20 years. Dr. Buenaver is a Staff Psychiatrist, Mental Health Care Line/Telehealth, Veterans Administration Healthcare System.