Thank you for all the feedback and appreciation for our Virtual Republic Day Celebration. We enjoyed hosting the show and glad that everyone enjoyed the performances. If you have missed the show please visit our Facebook or You Tube page to watch the event.
It’s time for IAKC’s Annual Chess Tournament. We are hosting it virtually following the norms for social distancing for everyone’s safety.
Competition is in three age categories as follows:
1) 5-9 years old
2) 10-17 years old
3) 18 years and above
If you haven’t yet, then this will be a great time to take membership of IAKC as Registration fee for the Chess Tournament is :
IAKC members- $10 per participant
Non members- $15 per participant
Tournament has some standard rules –
- By registering, all players agree not to use outside assistance of any kind.
- Players may not listen to music, wear headphones, or have another electronic device near them while playing.
- Players must not have any other applications or browser tabs open on their computer while playing. Only the online game browser tab and the Zoom tab must be open during play.
- Players must use Zoom video monitoring at all times during their games. Side view showing player, computer, and area preferred.
- Players must always have video enabled in the Zoom meeting while they are playing.
- Players must agree to Zoom requests by IAKC tournament staff, including turning on audio, giving a scan of the area around a player, adjusting the camera angle, etc.
- Players must be prepared to present a form of identification while on Zoom to verify their identity.
- All games will be reviewed by the online platform and tournament staff during and after the event.
- Players who are found to have violated the rules will be removed from the tournament and thus be ineligible for prizes
- No refund of entry fees will be given
Tournament results and standings will be adjusted as per US Chess rules. Online chess rules, guidelines and information are given below.
- Credentials and Zoom link for each participant will be sent in email one day before the tournament.
- Fair play rules will be applicable to the tournament. Please follow the link and review the rules.
- Zoom meeting will be mandatory for participants at all times during the tournament. Please refer to the fair play rules for more details.
- Tournament registration will close on the February 25th at 4 PM 5. Point system for tournament will be 1 Point for win, .5 point for the draw and 0 for Loss. Time control for the tournament will be 15 minutes with 3 seconds increment. A 5 minutes break will be provided between rounds.
- For any questions or concerns please reach out to our sports Coordinators. (Email : firstname.lastname@example.org | Raj : 913-579-4493 | Jennu: 913-475-2993)
Please visit our webpage
to register. The last date for registrations is 25th of February 4PM CST. We won’t be able to take any requests past that.
Stay safe and keep smiling
Please follow us on our social pages to stay caught up with our events & activities.
For more information check our Webpage
Our Annual membership is for Calendar Year. Check details for Membership
Sponsors: To support us please check our Website