Immediate opportunities available for Sr. Quality Engineers for a leader in business solutions in the KC Metro! Work with one of the largest growing tech companies in the area - and be part of a dynamic and fun team!
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting unit tests to identify program flaws
- Determine the necessity and benefit of automating tests
Position: Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst, Location: Kansas City, MO, 6 months contract to Hire, Rate: Open, Client: Direct client.
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Contract to Hire
Estimated Length of Contract Period
Estimated Conversion Salary Range (If Applicable) :
75- 80 K.
Develops, establishes and applies software quality assurance testing standards and measures within the organization. Gathers and analyzes data including the review of systems requirements to write test plans and scripts, track and facilitate defect resolution, and apply analytical problem-solving skills by collaborating with business and technical staff throughout the testing process.
- Create and execute test plans and scripts to ensure the applications meet requirements and system goals.
- Initiate Change Requests (CRs) as appropriate to capture defects and enhancements identified during the testing
process, and track existing or potential issues along with a recommended course of action and/or options.
- Participate in and facilitate daily meetings to communicate progress and barriers to completing application development and testing goals.
- Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as systems integration, functional, regression, performance and acceptance testing methods.
- Collaborate with the development and configuration management teams for deployments into the test environments.
- Establish and adhere to quality assurance guidelines and standards as defined by the project and/or organization requesting testing services.
- Enter and track all daily activities using status tracking tools as required.
- Prepare and analyze test results to aid in problem solving and facilitate decision-making.
- Proven application testing experience that includes testing of large, complex, enterprise-wide applications on a variety of platforms such as Mainframe/DB2, UNIX, Client Server, and Web.
- Proven test automation experience that includes both browser based and application automation tools. Experience with Selenium IDE and HP’s UFT (Unified Functional Testing) / QTP (Quick Test Professional) a plus.
- Proficient in writing test plans and test cases.
- Proficient in understanding written requirements, including use cases, supplementary specifications and requirements traceability.
- Experience with change management, release packaging and deployment concepts.
- Practical experience reviewing and researching log files to troubleshoot issues.
- Advanced experience in developing and executing SQL statements for testing and validation.
- Practical experience with the Rational Unified Process and Agile software development methodologies and practices a plus.
- Experience with issue/defect tracking and change management tools, such as JIRA, HP Application LifeCycle Management a plus.
- Experience testing and validating ETL processes involving large volumes of data (e.g. data warehouse applications) a plus
- Experience with UNIX commands and scripting a plus.
- Experience with HP Quality Center / ALM.
- Experience with test automation concepts and tools, including automation scripting languages/tools and keyword driven automation a plus.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and prioritize workload and deliverables within schedule constraints to deliver results.
- Ability to quickly learn and practically apply new concepts, principles, products, technical and business knowledge.
- Comfortable with and willing to initiate sharing knowledge and experiences to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Ability and willingness to work on a collaborative geographically dispersed team in a cross-functional environment.
- Strong customer service and consultation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with experience facilitating team meetings and work sessions with technical and non-technical participants at all levels of the organization.
- Strong listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Action oriented and seizes opportunities when they arise.
- Comfortable working in an open, collaborative team room environment.
Education and Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, business administration, and/or equivalent work experience.
- At least six years of direct experience as a tester for major application integration and/or major product release required.